Thursday, December 5, 2013

Exclusive: Vita Chambers Year End Interview

Vita Chambers sits down with me to answer some interview questions to celebrate the end of my second year!

Vita Chambers. Where can I begin? I first heard about her from another music blogger and he raved about her impressive vocals and great new sound. It was almost exactly 1 year ago that her return single "Fix You" was launched to the world (December 18th, 2012). I loved her sound and her music made me so happy and grateful. "Fix You" ended up topping the chart for a full month and spent over 1 complete year on the chart. Her follow up promotional release was titled "Masquerade" and opened in August of 2013 on the chart at a career high #9. It went on to peak at #2. Her 2nd official single "What If?" was released on October 15th, 2013 and reached #3 and still remains within the chart's top 10. Her work landed her a Juno Nomination and two CDS Music Chart Award wins (once in 2012 and once in 2013). I was completely honored when she accepted my interview request for a year end chart special. I felt it was right to pick her because she was one of my favorite artists of the year and one of the best new artists. Without further a due, here is the first ever CDS Music exclusive interview... with Vita Chambers! Enjoy :)

Q: When did you begin work on "What If?" and what were the main inspirations or thoughts you had while writing/recording it?
A: I worked on "What If?" 2 months before we released it. I worked with a very good friend on it, Mark Pellizzer. He is an incredible producer and when we started working together we decided t make music we loved and wanted to hear.

Q: How have the last 12 months made you feel emotionally?
A: 12 months older lol. Its a dream come true and I'm even more motivated to work that much harder.

Q: If you had to pick a single person as your inspiration, who would it be and why?
A: Madonna! She is incredible. She's constantly reinventing herself and her live shows are an experience.

Q: You have been nominated multiple times at multiple award shows and charted on various personal music charts and nationwide charts. How does it feel to have come so far?
A: AMAZING! But i have learnt that the journey is much more important than the destination, and I am savoring every moment of it. Can't wait for whats next.

Q: What are your plans for future recordings, tours or collaborations?
A: I will be releasing more singles soon and my "What If?" tour will be launching in mid-February 2014.

Q: Are there any recording artists you dream of working with?
A: Michael Jackson but that would be a little difficult.

Q: Do you think that fans understand the struggles of becoming a popular artist?
A: Many people think that you just release a song and then things happen but thats not the case. There is a lot of hard work and dedication involved both from you and your team. 

Q: What helps you write music or come up with musical themes?
A: Personal things that i go through and also the people around me.

Q: Where do you hope to see yourself in another year?
A: Hopefully still doing music and touring in other countries around the world.

Thank you so much for your love and support. It means the world to me :)

So there you have it! Hopefully you learned a little something! I will try to arrange more special interviews if you guys enjoyed this one. Don't forget to watch out for the 2013 Year End Top 100 and the 2012-2013 Top 100 coming very soon to CDS Music!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips