Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Exclusive: Interview with Katy Tiz

Katy Tiz Sits Down To Participate in CDS Music's 2nd Ever Interview!
Katy Tiz. From London to Los Angeles. From "Famous" to "Red Cup". Katy is fairly new to the recording industry but she has already left a big mark on it. On May 10th, 2013 I was looking through some radio stations and stopped when I heard something I thought was interesting. I Shazam'd it quickly and read the name aloud. "Red Cup". I continued to listen and the chorus just blew me away. I immediately jumped to my computer and downloaded the track from iTunes. Following this, the song debuted within the top 10 on CDS Music's Top 50 the next week. It later went on to reach #1 for a full month, went platinum (over 1000 points) and became my favorite song of "Summer 2013". 


Q: Can you reveal anything about upcoming singles or collaborations?
A: I have 120 songs from the last 18 months so I'm going to take my time over the holidays and decide/with team which baby to show u in 2014

Q: At what point did you get the idea for "Red Cup" or begin work on it?
A: I was with RedOne in the studio and we were all jamming, that song came together in about 30 minutes!

Q: If you were given the opportunity to work with a single artist who would it be and why?
A: Eminem. He is a genius!

Q: In the past year or so, which moment was hardest for you?
A: Being away from home, friends, family and my crazy dog!

Q: In the past year or so, which moment was the most memorable?
A: The two weeks I spent with RedOne and his team.

Q: Will there be a "Red Cup" music video?
A: There is no plan right now to shoot the video but you never know!

Q: When did you decide that you wanted to become an artist?
A: I never really did! I just know that I love it (being an artist) and I will chase my dream until I don’t love it anymore.

Q: Who or what inspires you?
A: PEOPLE! If I feel like I’ve made even the smallest impact on someone it really spur's me on! I get all excited and go to the studio at 2 A.M.

Q: Where do you hope to be in a year?
A: At home, with my crazy family, having had a really successful year! Because ITS CHRRRIIIIIIIISTMAS!!!! *Christmas Robot dance*

So there you have it! This is my last interview of the year! You can see all the others on this website and check out the YEAR END 2013 Top 100!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips