Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Exclusive: Interview with TooSmooth

TooSmooth Sits Down For CDS Music's 2nd Ever Interview!


TooSmooth came under my radar back in late spring this year when I checked out his material from this then forthcoming album. I took a particular interest in his track "Future Dreams". It peaked at #20 on CDS Music Chart in mid summer and became a wide success when the Summer's End points came in. Since then, TooSmooth has released his 3rd studio album but there are still a few surprises up his sleeve. Read to find out!

Q: What was the hardest part about recording "The Come Up Volume 3. (Signed)"? 
A: The hardest part about recording Vol.3 was putting my words into play. At the time I lost a friend of mine in a shooting and that really took a lot out of me. But once I realized I could put those feelings into words, Vol. 3 came to life.

Q: When do you think you do your best work?
A: My best work comes at night. I just love being up late and having time to my self. That or when im in the shower, ideas just fly off the wall.

Q: If you could pick to collaborate with a single recording artist who would it be and why? 
A: I would pick Kanye and Jay Z. I look up to both of them as artist and business men. I'm also from Chicago just like Kanye. A song with him would be a dream come true.

Q: What or who inspired you to become an artist? 
A: The city of Chicago inspired me to become an artist. Chicago can hit you very hard at random moments. That city is filled with broken dreams and hearts full of hope. No one fights harder than a person that’s from Chicago.

Q: What do you think of the recording industry?
A: I love it. Everyone that bad mouths the industry is either not in it or was in it for the money. I just love being able to create.

Q: Do you enjoy working on songs one at a time or just processing everything all at once? 
A: I can finish a full album in two months. But I like to spend at least two days recording and writing a song, and create at least 2-3 songs in a week's time.

Q: Where do you hope to see yourself in 1 year? 
A: I would love to be on a bigger tour, and to have more fans. To me I just want to start off small. But I'm open to any amount of success the world has waiting for me.

Q: What was the most memorable part of recording/writing "The Come Up Volume 3. (Signed)"? 
A: Gosh I would say creating the Outro of the album. Theres over 30 voices on that track, it's very long. The track is so long that I had to make the album a 2 disc just so it could fit. I love that song a lot.

Q: Can you reveal anything about upcoming tours, collaborations, songs, videos or any other plans? 
A: I cant say just yet, but I have some big news coming very soon. ;+)

Thanks for joining us for this week's exclusive interview! Come back next week to see what Katy Tiz has to say about her career thus far! Happy holidays!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips