Monday, March 31, 2014

Song Review: "I Will Never Let You Down" by Rita Ora

Welcome to another CDS Music Chart review!

Today, Rita Ora is finally back to the music scene with the lead single from her upcoming second studio album rumored to be called O. "I Will Never Let You Down" was produced by Ora's boyfriend, well known music producer Calvin Harris. The track was premiered on Monday, March 31st, 2014 in London alongside the pre-order for the track on iTunes UK and the premiere of the track's official music video.

Lyrically, "I Will Never Let You Down" talks about a everlasting love. Ora described the track as an "uplifting love song" during the video's behind the scenes clip. Producer Calvin Harris said about the track:

     "You know a lot of people assume that it's dance music because I make dance music and that's predominantly what I do but it isn't. It sounds like Whitney Houston to me. 1987-1989 Whitney Houston mixed with Pink. I wrote the song with her in mind, I didn't write the song for anyone else. It wasn't just a song that was lying around. I think it really suits her. Sometimes I just write songs that don't sound like me..."

I can understand the flair of Pink. This track is vibrant and the music video that accompanies it fits the track. It (the video) starts off black and white while the song starts out in a slower tune. Slowly the track morphs into a passionate love song that hits all right notes. Around that point in the video, color starts to appear and there's intercut scenes of dancing on the streets and dancing in hallways and all over the place.

The track itself is one of Ora's more interesting productions, though it marks a departure from her dance oriented beginnings. It could actually be her best song of all time (though she has a fairly short discography).

This track deserves to be released in the United States (her debut album Ora sadly wasn't). This track should be able to become a hit. Check out the video below and don't forget to buy the track on iTunes.

Rating: 80% (4/5)

What do you think of the song? Will it be a hit for Rita Ora? Leave a comment below!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips