Thursday, June 13, 2013

Christina Aguilera's "Love" Returns to Top 50 On Airplay Tracker

In October of 2012, Christina Aguilera's "Your Body" lifted to #1 (on CDS Music) around the time that album rumors began to swirl. Everyone was wondering if it would have better or worse sales than her previous album "Bionic". When the album was finally released, it wasn't a commercial success, and marked a career low opening week for Aguilera. Thinking it wasn't very good, I passed by it during the first week of release. Later on I decided to give it a listen. It was spectacular.

That's how the story of "Let There Be Love" began.

Upon listening to the first 4 songs on the album, I was throughly impressed (I knew  what "Your Body" sounded like), but track #6 instantly became a favorite. It immediately charted on my list, but struggled as it received no airplay on any official radio station, causing me to stop listening. It ultimately peaked at #4 on CDS Music (denying Aguilera two back to back #1's), and quickly sank. Despite its quick sink, it managed to hold up for a few frames toward the bottom of my chart.

Now it is back. It currently ranks at #47 on today's Airplay Tracker. There is a large possibility that it will return to my chart on Saturday, and who knows... it could possibly peak higher than before. Only time will tell.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips